The classics from the olive martini to the new exotic flavoured vodka martinis. You'll find your favourite recipes here and maybe a few new ones as well.
A martini is often referred to as a drink that contains dry vermouth and vodka or gin. However, this definition is considered to be a bit outdated. The martini of today is much different than it used to be, and now can contain just about any ingredient the maker chooses to use.
The martini is a drink that has been around for quite some time. Unfortunately, no one knows exactly where it first came onto the scene or how it got its name..
Some say that the martini was first created in 1928 and was known by the name Martinez. Others believe that it was actually created in 1870 in Martinez, California.
Those who believe the latter feel that is was created for a miner visiting Julio Richelieu’s saloon. When Julio supposedly created the drink, he added an olive and gave it the name Martinez, as a tribute to the town’s name. Today, people of Martinez, California still believe that their hometown was the birthplace of the Martini.
Another story claims that the drink got its name because of the Martini and Henry firearms that were used in 1871 by those serving in the British army.
Lastly, it was said that a bartender named Martini di Arma di Taggia, who worked in New York’s Knickerbocker Hotel, created the drink in 1911. However, the story of this head bartender may not be valid, considering the word Martini was actually mentioned for the first time in 1888 in a bartending manual.
Although we may never know the martini’s true origin, we will still consider to enjoy the drink.
Please start by choosing a letter at the top of the page, or try one of the examples below.
- Cupid's Kiss
- Chambord Raspberry Liqueur, Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, Smirnoff Vanilla Twist
- Fruit and nut-ini
- Chambord Raspberry Liqueur, Frangelico, Lime Juice, Vodka
- Honest Kiss-tini
- Honest Tea's Honest Ade Cranberry Lemonade, Lime Juice, Stolichnaya ( Stoli ) Vodka
- Take Off Your Bra Martini
- Coca Cola, Stolichnaya ( Stoli ) Coffee Vodka
- The Real Flirtini - Sex In The City Style
- Champagne, Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice, Raspberries, Stolichnaya ( Stoli ) Raspberry Vodka, Triple Sec