Game Type: Misc - R
- 5 or more players
- A table to seat everyone in a single ring so that everyone can see everyone
- Ample beer
To start the game: Whoever organized the game "catches the kickoff" by reaching up into the air, catching a pantomime rugby ball, and "throwing" it two-handed to an arbitrary player. That person now "has the ball."
When you have the ball you must pass it off before someone can tackle you:
- To pass the ball to the player immediately to your left, stick out your left elbow.
- To pass the ball to the player immediately to your right, stick out your right elbow.
- To pass the ball to the player two to your left, keep your left elbow close in to your body and slap your left upper arm with your right hand.
- To pass the ball to the player two to your right, keep your right elbow close in to your body and slap your right upper arm with your left hand.
- To tackle someone, square your shoulders to them and make a large 'X' with your forearms.
When does a player drink:
- When a player makes a badly ambiguous pass.
- When a player is tackled while carrying the ball.
- When a player tackles someone who is not carrying the ball.
If there is a dispute -- especially in the case where a player passes the ball just as he is being tackled -- the kangaroo court (all players not directly involved) decide by acclamation. Making both players drink is a popular way to resolve a tough call.
The player who drinks catches the next kickoff.