Drink Type: Cocktail
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
- 1 oz. Grapefruit Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Flor de Cana Extra Dry 4 Year Old White Rum
Shake with ice, and strain into a chilled 5 1/2 oz. coupe. Garnish with a cherry. The Hemingway Daiquiri is on the menu at PKNY in New York City, the ultimate Tiki Bar.Daiquiri Facts/Tips:
- A Daiquiri is one of the most classic, delicious cocktails of all time
- Itís important to stay true to the core ingredients when creating this
- Choosing a high quality rum is the first step as mixability is key
- Dryer rums, like the Nicaraguan Flor de Cana 4 Year Extra Lite, really compliment the desired flavor profile of a perfect daiquiri
Originally created by the La Floridita Bar in Havana, the daiquiri may have been made to suit the specific tastes of Ernest Hemingway, who frequented this bar. He is rumored to have said that if he really wanted to tie one on, he would order several double servings of this drink, hence the name "Papa Doble."
Although there are many variations of this drink, La Floriditaís classic ingredients make it exceptional - fresh lime and grapefruit juice, maraschino liqueur, and quality rum. The dryness of the Flor de Cana 4 year Extra Lite rum compliments the sweetness of the other ingredients.