ULTIMATE SPIRITS CHALLENGE 2019 Results Announced
Spirits Also Assessed in USC's Innovative Cocktail Evaluation
(Hawthorne, NY) - Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USC), since 2010 the world's most prestigious and progressive global spirits and cocktail competition, today releases the results of the 2019 Challenge. This year proved to be the ninth consecutive year of record entries from more than 45 spirit-producing nations.
The judging held throughout March and early April, determined 45 Chairman's Trophy winners, the beverage industry's most coveted award, and 236 Finalists. Ultimate Spirits Challenge was held at the custom-designed Ultimate Beverage Challenge (UBC) Evaluation Center in Hawthorne, NY.
Says UBC Founder and Judging Director F. Paul Pacult, "This year's USC was genuinely international, with a dazzling array of quality distillates from 46 countries. Virtually all categories saw substantial gains in entries, especially baijiu, shochu, mezcal, and brandies from around the world. Since producers tend to send USC their better premium and super-premium marques, it's clear that they look to us for the fairest, most accurate analytical data in the industry.
“And because USC is the only major international spirits competition that also evaluates spirits in cocktails to assess their mixability, the responsibility for our judges to render reliable results is paramount to USC's mission of No Shortcuts. Just Honest, Impartial Judging."
View complete results at www.ultimate-beverage.com/USC2019results/.
Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2019 Chairman's Trophy Winners
- Lucano Anniversario
- Select Aperitivo
- TTL Yushan Chiew XO Kaoliang
- American: Argonaut Fat Thumb
- Armagnac: Marie Duffau Hors d'Age Bas Armagnac
- Calvados: Christian Drouin Pays d'Auge 1999
- Cognac: Courvoisier Initiale Extra
- European Brandy: Asbach 15 Years Old
- Pisco: Demonio de los Andes Acholado
- American: Junipero
- London Dry: Fords
- Matured: Tommyrotter Cask Strength Bourbon-Barrel
- Navy Strength: Scapegrace Gold
- World: Citadelle
- Berry/Fruit: Merlet Soeurs Cerises
- Citrus/Triple Sec: Grand Marnier Cuvée Louis Alexandre
- Cream/Dairy: Carolans Salted Caramel Irish Cream
- Herbal/Mint/Spice/Botanical: Becherovka
- Real Minero Barril
- Aged: Appleton Estate 21 Years Old
- Dark/Gold: Banks 7 Golden Age
- White Rum: Banks 5 Island
- iichiko Reserve Zenwa 2019 Edition
TEQUILA, 100% AGAVE
- Blanco: Cabeza
- Reposado: Partida
- Anejo: Azunia
- Extra Anejo: El Tesoro
- Flavored: Van Gogh Double Expresso
- Unflavored: Boyd& Blair Potato
WHISKY - CANADA
- Crown Royal XR
WHISKEY - IRELAND
- Blended: Jameson Bow Street Cask Strength 18 Years Old Batch 1
- Single Pot Still: Red Spot
- Single Malt: Knappogue Castle 14 Years Old
WHISKY - JAPAN
- Kamiki Intense Wood
WHISKY - SCOTLAND
- Blended: Buchanan's Special Reserve 18 Years Old
- Single Malt-Highland: Glenglassaugh 30 Years Old
- Single Malt-Island: Highland Park Viking Pride 18 Years Old
- Single Malt-Islay: Bowmore 25 Years Old
- Single Malt-Speyside: BenRiach Authenticus 30 Years Old
WHISKEY - USA
- American/Other: Stolen 11 Years Old
- Bourbon: George T Stagg
- Rye: Peerless 3-Year-Old
- Single Malt: Peat Week 5th Annual
- Tennessee: Uncle Nearest 1820 Nearest Green Single Barrel Edition US-1
WHISKY - WORLD
- Kavalan Solist ex-Bourbon Single Cask Strength
All products are rated on the 100-point scale by the spirits industry's most renowned judges including buyers, journalists, educators and bar owners. This year's USC judges included: Founder/Judging Chairman F. Paul Pacult, Jacques Bezuidenhout, Tim Cooper, Tad Carducci, Dale DeGroff, Meaghan Dorman, Tyler Hudgens, Justin Lavenue, Don Lee, Clay Risen, Joaquin Simo, Charlotte Voisey, and Jillian Vose.
All spirits rated 80 points and higher receive an individual results page which provides all downloadable marketing material. Spirits rated 85 points and higher receive a tasting note. If a spirit is recommended for its category's assigned cocktail, it is indicated on this page.
USC results are promoted globally. In addition, high scoring products are featured in the Ultimate Beverage Challenge Guide to the World's Best Wines & Spirits in the October issue of Beverage Media, which reaches more than 70,000 on- and off-premise spirits buyers.
ULTIMATE SPIRITS CHALLENGE...No shortcuts. Just honest, impartial judging.
ABOUT ULTIMATE BEVERAGE CHALLENGE
Ultimate Beverage Challenge (UBC) provides expert evaluation of wines and spirits for producers, importers and marketers through its two innovative annual competitions: Ultimate Spirits Challenge and Ultimate Wine Challenge. UBC partners are F. Paul Pacult, Sue Woodley and David Talbot.