Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc. [Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE:FO)], a global leader in premium spirits, is pleased to announce its solid performance in the 2008 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, with a total of 25 medal wins. Beam Global's portfolio of brands won an impressive 12 Double Gold and Gold medals, with brands like Laphroaig Scotch whisky, Baker's Bourbon, El Tesoro Tequila and Courvoisier Cognac leading the show with Double Gold wins. The treasured El Tesoro Reposado took home the "Best Reposado Tequila" award.
"The medals awarded by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition are a testament to the quality and craft that goes into each bottle made at our distilleries around the world," said John Campbell, master distiller, Laphroaig Scotch Whisky. "We know the dedication and hard work that goes into making our award-winning Scotch here at Laphroaig and all the other Beam Global distilleries. The employees of our distilleries are the real recipients of these awards and we thank them for their care, craftsmanship and dedication to making great-tasting products."
The following Beam Global Spirits and Wine brands received Double Gold or Gold medals in the 2008 San Francisco World Spirits Competition:
- Ardmore Traditional Cask received a Gold medal in its inaugural year in the United States.
- Canadian Club Classic 12 received a Gold medal.
- A Double Gold medal was awarded to Courvoisier XO Imperial and Gold medals to Courvoisier XO Fine Champagne and Courvoisier Initiale Extra.
- A Double Gold medal and Best Reposado of Show were awarded to El Tesoro Reposado tequila. El Tesoro Platinum also received a Double Gold medal.
- Laphroaig Scotch whisky had another winning year receiving a Double Gold medal for Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength. Laphroaig 10 Year Old won a Gold medal.
- From the Small Batch Bourbon Collection, Baker's bourbon won a Double Gold medal; Basil Hayden's and Knob Creek won Gold medals.
The 2008 San Francisco World Spirits Competition was held on March 15th and 16th at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in San Francisco. The international competition is held annually and inspires more than 800 spirits entries from around the world. Judging is based on blind taste tests and medals are awarded based on taste alone.About Beam Global Spirits & Wine:
Inspiring conversations around the world, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc., is building brands people want to talk about. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for our brands, including Jim Beam Bourbon, Sauza Tequila, Canadian Club Whisky, Courvoisier Cognac, Maker's Mark Bourbon, Laphroaig Scotch Whisky, Larios Gin, Whisky DYC, Teacher's Scotch Whisky, DeKuyper Cordials and Liqueurs, Knob Creek Bourbon and Starbucks Liqueurs. Beam Global Spirits & Wine is part of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE:FO), a leading consumer brands company with annual sales exceeding $8 billion. For more information on Beam Global Spirits & Wine, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamglobal.com and www.drinksmart.com.