- Bar None Drink Recipes Discussions
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted RebelBar on 11 July 2012 - 11:02 PM
Posted Steveo989 on 08 May 2011 - 09:55 AM
Posted gabriel on 18 May 2013 - 12:37 PM
Thanks you for keeping the site simple, clean, and very informative. It make useful for professionals as well as novices to use and enjoy. Keep up the good work and keep updates coming.
Posted DebbieG on 07 October 2011 - 07:18 AM
Posted straightupspirits on 03 May 2011 - 03:47 PM
The FDA has required suppliers remove the caffeine and some of the energy stimulants from flavored malt beverages, but I also think that many of them have removed any good taste as well now that they are coming back on the shelves.
Between Four Loko, Tilt, Joose, and CJ Crunk Juce, CJ is the only brand of those on the market that wins my taste test. Still haven't tried Blast becuase the website doesn't say if it's in my market or not. What do you all think of the different malt beverages out there? CJ definitely tastes the best to me.
You can learn more about CJ here, like I did, or look forward to my next column on Bar None Drinks. Cheers.
Posted Bars-and-Bartending.com on 25 April 2011 - 10:43 PM
There are a couple of sites I've seen that have a reverse drink recipe software program on their site where you can put in the type of alcohol and mix that you have on hand and they'll spit back the drinks that you can make with those ingredients...very helpful.
You can find it here: http://www.webtender...i-bin/imbselect
Enjoy your newly found cocktails.
Posted Bars-and-Bartending.com on 12 November 2010 - 01:15 PM
1oz Midori or Melon liqueur
Lime bar mix
If that's not it, its not going to disappoint.
Posted Bars-and-Bartending.com on 12 November 2010 - 01:12 PM
1. Shooter Paddles - Have some paddles made - about 1/2 inch thick and 3 ft long. Drill some holes, paint your logo on it and offer 6, 8, 10 or 12 shot paddles
2. Festive Cocktails - every time there is a holiday or event of some sort, Halloween, Christmas, St. Paddy's Day, SuperBowl etc, create signature cocktails for the event.
3. Food & Drink Combos - Try tying in all your food specials to drinks. I.e.- get $0.20 Tacos when you order a pitcher of beer, $0.15 Wings with the purchase of a pint of beer, $3 Salad with the purchase of a cocktail etc
4. Food Happy Hour - instead of discounting the alcohol, try discounting some apps for Happy Hour and pairing the food items with drink specials
5. Pairing Food (wings) with Sports Specials - any time you show a big sporting event, entice people to come with food and drink specials. Eg. Enjoy $5 personal pizzas during UFC
6. Shooter of the Day - Create a new shooter recipe every day and promote it as the "Shooter of the Day".
7 Beers of the World Promotion - If you serve a bunch of different beers from different areas of the world, you can do an around the world promo where people get a card punched each time they try a new beer and get a prize for trying, say, 10 of them.
8. Sports Races - if you show sporting events, get your customers in on the excitement of watching their favorite teams race. You can use Hermit Crabs or turtles, have their shells painted each teams' colors and a little arena set up for them to race in. Race them before the game - the winner of the race is the predicted winner of the game.
9. Sponsoring Teams - Find local sports teams and offer to sponsor them by paying for their jerseys (which would have your bar name on it) if they agree to meet at your bar after each of their games.
10. Sports Pools - Run football, hockey or basketball pools at your bar to bring in a solid group of regulars who come in to watch the games and check the stats.
11. Shooter Luge - during an event, have an ice shooter luge. Shooter luges can be made in any shape and, in addition to being cool, they actually are cool - they chill the shot on the way through the ice before coming out chilled at the bottom.
Hope this helps
Posted Dan on 25 October 2007 - 11:39 PM
We'll do our best to take any submissions here and get them online in a very timely fashion. This should be within a couple of weeks or so as the database update takes some work.
So, let the pouring begin!
Posted Dan on 28 December 2006 - 10:32 AM
Hope that helps.
Posted Dan on 05 May 2006 - 11:56 AM
I love the smooth taste of Crown and although I can drink it over ice, the Cola just adds the sweetness I crave. Kinda like adding sugar to your coffee I guess.
So, how about the rest of you, what do you like?
While you're posting, make sure to ask Jason about his Prairie Fire fetish........
Just to encourage some interaction with you registered members, a random post in this thread will win a giveaway. I won't tell you what yet, but if you like our site, then it'll be worth your while posting a line or two.
Posted Darlin1111 on 10 November 2013 - 02:22 PM
Posted Normaldude79 on 27 October 2012 - 05:38 PM
Posted chrysalis62 on 02 July 2012 - 09:04 PM
Posted teqril23 on 11 November 2011 - 01:19 AM
Posted Caroline on 03 September 2011 - 07:54 AM
Posted leelondon on 09 December 2009 - 11:08 AM
Do you think they're real?
Posted alelyloawaymn on 10 November 2009 - 11:35 AM
Posted DaCloser714 on 08 April 2009 - 06:11 PM
I first want to say THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE! especially to newbies like me!
second, I wanted to say I am going to bartending school, and will be taking my test in a few days.
I live in Orange County, Ca and I really want to find a job, my school offers job placement but to all you bartenders out there, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION WITH WORKING AT A BAR,RESTURANT OR SPORTS BAR? WHAT WOULD BE AN EASIER TRANSITION FOR ME? thank you and I am sorry this is so long
Posted schndl on 18 February 2010 - 01:59 PM