Drink Better, Party Smarter - A 5 Step Survival Guide To Your Office Party
It's a once-a-year chance to have a great time with your co-workers - or to damage your career for good! Holiday office parties are tricky events with many fine lines to walk. The number one offender which makes you overstep your boundaries and lose good judgement? Alcohol. Follow the five tips below, and you will have a blast at this year's office bash, rather than a huge hangover!
- Start Your Night Happy, Not Hungry: Food helps slow down the absorption of alcohol, giving your body more time to metabolize the toxins. Start your night with a medium-size meal, and nibble on snacks throughout the evening.
- Choose Light(er) Spirits: Sipping on drinks with lower alcohol content allows you to toast with your cubicle buddies without getting buzzed too quickly. Instead of vodka (80 proof), look for liqueurs like VeeV, The World's First Acai Spirit (60 proof), which mixes like vodka, only with a smoother, lighter finish. Less alcohol also means fewer calories, so you can party guilt free!
- Keep Hydrated: Avoid the dehydration trap by drinking a small glass of water in between cocktails. You can also lessen the amount of alcohol in your glass by choosing drinks with ice! The clink of ice cubes in your drink has never served you as well as tonight!
- Stick To One Kind Of Alcohol: Follow the golden rule of surviving any party hangover-free by steering clear of mixing different types of alcohol. Once you chose your favorite spirit of the night, stick with it!
- Say No To Drinks Made with Dark Liquors: The clearer your drink, the fewer problems you will have the next morning. Dark liquors contain more toxic chemicals (congeners) than clear ones, which are widely responsible for nasty headaches. Brandy, red wine, rum, and whisky fall in this category.
- 2 oz. VeeV Acai Spirit
- Ginger ale
- Grated cinnamon or cinnamon stick, for garnish
Build in an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with the grated cinnamon or cinnamon stick.