Bl raspberry Wine Recipe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _connie_*

_connie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 1998 - 02:38 PM

I am looking for a recipe to make black raspberry wine and/or liqueur. I have never attempted either so please be specific in your instructions. Thanks!

#2 _will_*

_will_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 1998 - 05:36 PM

>
> I am looking for a recipe
> to make black raspberry wine
> and/or liqueur. I have never
> attempted either so please
> be specific in your instructions.
> Thanks!That is a fun hobby that I have tried and had some success. You need some inexpensive but specialized equipment for the wine. Call E.C Kraus company at (816) 254-7448 for all supplies if you do not have a wine making/beer making supply store in your area. You will need...
1. A 5 gal fermentation container- get the plastic square water container with handle.
2. an air lock- the floating cup with lid one; not the curved and blown pipe one.
3. A rubber stopper with hole in it to fit fermentation vessel AND the air lock.
4. B-brite cleanser and a bag of sulphite
5. Wine making Yeast- Montrachet or Sherry
6. Fruit to make 5 gal recipe
7. Water to make 5 gal recipe
8. A wine making guide. The guides are cheaper than the books. I think EC Kraus still sells their guide which also has plenty of recipes for every fruit. Sometimes they have a beginners kit on sale which includes more than everything that a beginner would need.You could also cheat and buy some fruity red wine to which you could soak your raspberries. strain. sulphite lightly. and rebottle in your own bottles with your own lables. Call Kraus for these supplies too. Youll need bottles new or used, corks new, corking leaver, blank designer lables, wine, and the fruit.The liquere is much easier.Basicaly you cook the berries in sugar to make a syrup. I suggest 2 1/2 cups of berries to 1 cup of sugar. use low heat and cover the pot. Don't burn the berries. when the berries have released enough juices and the syrup is sweet enough for you strain the whole mess through a clean cloth towell to remove seeds and pulp. Measure the liquid and when cool add a few drops of pectolase enzyme which is available from Kraus.
Pour into empty liquor bottles till half full and dilute with 100 proof vodka or PGA. Now add wine makers glycerine to make it thick (available from Kraus).
Or go buy a nice bottle of Razmatazz and save yourself all the trouble.

#3 _connie_*

_connie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 1998 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for your response Will. With all the equipment I need, I think I will wait awhile before trying to make wine. Thanks again, and I will try the Razmatazz you suggested.