lemondrop recipe?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _kn_*

_kn_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 1998 - 12:24 PM

i was at salty's restaurant in redondo, washington recently and had what they called a "lemondrop". it was served in a martini glass with a lemon wheel in it (no ice). the menu said it was vodka muddled with lemons. someone there thought it was equal parts vodka, triple sec, smashed ice and lemons. i've tried several different times using a little less or a little more of the ingredients but can't come close. anybody know what this is?

#2 _Shred_*

_Shred_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 1998 - 04:22 AM

> i was at salty's restaurant
> in redondo, washington recently
> and had what they called a
> "lemondrop". it
> was served in a martini glass
> with a lemon wheel in it (no
> ice). the menu said it was
> vodka muddled with lemons.
> someone there thought it was
> equal parts vodka, triple
> sec, smashed ice and lemons.
> i've tried several different
> times using a little less
> or a little more of the ingredients
> but can't come close. anybody
> know what this is?
>I'll take a stab at this. What kind of vodka are you using? Try a lemon flavored vodka like Absolut Citron.In a shaker filled with ice add
2oz. Citron
squeeze one lemon wedge
pinch of sugar
shake and strain into martini glassyou can try adding a splash of Sweet & sour or lemonade to the mixHope this helps.Shred

#3 _will_*

_will_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 1998 - 10:12 AM

> i was at salty's restaurant
> in redondo, washington recently
> and had what they called a
> "lemondrop". it
> was served in a martini glass
> with a lemon wheel in it (no
> ice)....Most of the lemon drops that I have tried were not very impressive with one exception...
Jeff C's lemon drop:( Very much like shred's recipe)In a shaker with ice add:1. 2 oz. of Tanqueray Sterling vodka
2. 1 oz. of Sweet and Sour mix (his sweet and sour was more sour than sweet probably came from a powdered mix)
3. Splash of triple sec (optional for slghtly sweeter taste)
4. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge
5. Exactly 1/2 packet of sweet and lowShake. Strain into desired glass. Makes one large shooter plus a little taster for the bartender. Jeff C says the secret for the Lemon Drop is the sweet and low for that special tangy taste.