6 replies to this topic

#1 Normaldude79

Normaldude79

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

I am not an alcohol drinker ( I hate the alcohol scent) so please bear with me.  I am a huge M*A*S*H* fan. In one of the episodes Charles recieved a bottle of napoleon brandy, and BJ was saying brandy without cherry syrup is bad, of course Charles thought that drinking napoleon brandy with cherry syrup was like slapping his mother, you just dont do it.   Can someone tell me why people would drink brandy and cherry syrup together... It doesnt sound like it would mix... I cannot find this anywhere on the net .....

#2 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

> Can someone tell me why people would drink brandy and cherry syrup together... It doesnt sound like it would mix... I cannot find this anywhere on the net .....

Huh, I can't either.  My guess is that the BJ character was just a little nuts, or just pulling Charles' chain as usual.  You could always try it... (no way I'd waste brandy on that experiment myself though) ;D

#3 Normaldude79

Normaldude79

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

The show says several times that BJ is from the suburbs of California. So im thinking the part of drinking brandy with cherry syrup is a local thing?  Or it is a way like u said to get charles mad...  I cant drink even if i could get pass the alcohol scent... Morphine Lortab and alcohol dont mix lol

#4 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sorry, clearly not paying attention.  Maybe convince a friend to try it :unsure: (actually, don't, you might find yourself -1 friends)

#5 Normaldude79

Normaldude79

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostJason, on 28 October 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Sorry, clearly not paying attention.  Maybe convince a friend to try it :unsure: (actually, don't, you might find yourself -1 friends)
LOL I will try it on my bro lol,  Im assuming u drink brandy,  Have u ever had Paul Mason Brandy ? If so how is it?

#6 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostNormaldude79, on 28 October 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

LOL I will try it on my bro lol,  Im assuming u drink brandy,  Have u ever had Paul Mason Brandy ? If so how is it?

I'm actually not much of a brandy drinker.  Tried it in a couple cocktails, but main use for me is in cooking (such as in kick-ass beef stroganoff).

#7 Normaldude79

Normaldude79

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm actually not much of a brandy drinker. Tried it in a couple cocktails, but main use for me is in cooking (such as in kick-ass beef stroganoff).

Beef stroganoff.... I so hate people that can have dairy ! (just kiddin) developing severe food allergies is cruel and unusual punishment, Such as a major allergic reaction to a food that you love. Im not talking lactose intolorance, Im talking being allergic to milk itself not lactose, The severity of the reaction, you would slap ur mom to make the pain quit....

I have the brandy but for the collection purposes. Maybe i can try it if i could mask the typical alcohol odor.... Since I have only drank 2 times my entire life, I dont want the 3 day hangover or the mixing of morphine, lortab and alcohol..... (sorry for rambling)