• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RumDunnitt

RumDunnitt

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

After katrina (dat beeeyooootch--hope dat don't offend anyone), down here in N'awlins we learned about getting creative with MRE's--my fav was stealing the dried cranberries and dropping them in a jug o' Rum. It was 2-fold good:  the cranberries flavored the Rum, and the rehydrated cranberries were good for some mo' buzz.  ;)

Anyways, this week I happened to get a couple of deals on Amazon for a 4lb box of dried cherries and some agave nectar--and my wittle brain is still in Mardi Gras mode--heading into St. Paddy's & St. Joe's Days. (Livin' in N'awlins is great--a new festival/parade almost every weekend.)

I got several Cherry Bounce recipes this week: Rum, white sugar, & cherries were my initial goal--but I really like the idea of using the agave nectar instead of the sugar--it should dissolve faster. I guess I'm wondering if the sugar or the agave ferments better?

Basically, I'd be using 1.75 liters clear Rum (a lil more as filler), 1-2 cups sugar, and a bunch of cherries--I'd like to end up with two 1.75 liter jugs o' Cherry Bounce.

I'm not that worried about measurements--I get to consume my "OOOpsies!"  ;)

Anybody got any experience with Cherry Bounce?

Thanks.