How To Add New Recipes To This Site

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _Briannnnnnnn L_*

_Briannnnnnnn L_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

i have come up with a decilious drink and i was wondering how i can add it to the site  under the drink recipes list? Any help here it tastes really great and is relatively easy to make. :)

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

View PostBriannnnnnnn L, on 22 August 2010 - 11:51 PM, said:

i have come up with a decilious drink and i was wondering how i can add it to the site  under the drink recipes list? Any help here it tastes really great and is relatively easy to make. :)

Just post it here to the forums and I will add it to the online database with one of the next updates.

Dan

#3 _Esther John_*

_Esther John_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Ruby Red Squirt with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum A.K.A Parrot Squirts or Squirt the Parrot

#4 _Larry K._*

_Larry K._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

i seen your list of drinks using mountain dew and i was very excited my sister and i are bot mixologists and have had some mild success with our own concoctions i just wanted to share a few i seen one that was the same under a different name but here it goes

a southern redneck: mountain dew and southern comfort
a sunburnt redneck: code red moutain dew or moutain dew and grenadine southern comfort and maraciano cherries
a sunburnt redneck on a hawaiian vacation: same as above just add some chunk pineapples and or pineapple juice

thanks in advance if they make the cut and thanks for even considering posting them

#5 _Larry K._*

_Larry K._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

View PostLarry K., on 11 September 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

i seen your list of drinks using mountain dew and i was very excited my sister and i are bot mixologists and have had some mild success with our own concoctions i just wanted to share a few i seen one that was the same under a different name but here it goes

a southern redneck: mountain dew and southern comfort
a sunburnt redneck: code red moutain dew or moutain dew and grenadine southern comfort and maraciano cherries
a sunburnt redneck on a hawaiian vacation: same as above just add some chunk pineapples and or pineapple juice

thanks in advance if they make the cut and thanks for even considering posting them

of course i would leave out the southern comfort in the second and third drinks but i would hope it was obvious lol thanks agains

#6 Larry K.

Larry K.

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

Wow I am a complete idiot I submitted these recipes and tld you the ingredients but left out measurements so let me fix that

On the Southern Redneck  I usually go with one part Southern Comfort and three Parts Mountain Dew when serving them at our bar. I love drinking them myself and I like mine a little stronger and of course depending on if I am using a highball or a collins glass, mine I usually mix in a beer mug and I go with 2 parts So Co to 3 parts Mnt. Dew.

On a Sunburnt Redneck I use the same measurements if I am using Code Red and If I am using just grenadine I use a splash, and garnish with a few cherries. I my personal preferance is Code Red does not have enough of a cherry flavor so I usually when I am drinking I add the grenadine anyway. I myself use diet soda and have had customers request diet soda as well and have a hard time finding Code Red in the diet flavor in cans. I can find it in 2 liters but I dont like using 2 liters at the bar they go flat to fast. I would order from our distributor but he wants too much to order it for us in the quantity that we want it in. I know you dont need to know all this I just talk to much..

Finally for a Sunburnt Redneck on a Hawaiian Vacation I go with one part So Co one part pineapple juice splash of grenadine ( of course again Code Red can be used) two parts Mountain Dew and I garish with a skewer of cherries and pineapple chunks.

I hope that this is a lot better help and more informative  than my first post.

Thanks again in advance Larry and Virginia

#7 _Mike_*

_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

How about a Blue tap?

Cocktail

Ice

1/3 patron

Pineapple juice (fill almost to the top)

Top off with blue cuaraco (not sure if spelled correctly)

Shake and serve.

#8 _Roger_*

_Roger_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

We have a drink around here we call Sweet Persuasion.

1 part Scotch
3 parts Cream Soda

It's festive looking and summer refreshing too.

Sounds like cough syrup but it's really nice.

Cheers!

#9 Kevin Merrifield

Kevin Merrifield

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:38 AM

Dad REAL Bull Frog
Can someone please look up this drink and correct it?
This drink is actually called an Irish Trashcan.

#10 mcsparky

mcsparky

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

The "Dirty Snow Monkey" (dirtysnowmonkey.com)

1 shot (1.5 oz) of Kahlua™
2 shots (3 oz) of Suntory™ Japanese Whiskey (or similar)
1 shot of Sake (1.5 oz) (the more expensive the better but whatever you can get hold of)
2 large tablespoons of fresh Snow (or finely crushed ice)
1/2 cup of Cola (or Cola Zero)
Place snow or ice into a chilled glass
Pour Whiskey shots over the snow
Add Kahlua™
Pour cola into glass

Last of all add the shot of Sake

ENJOY your Dirty Snow Monkey!

-[Sparky]+

#11 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

Like your story Sparky - incredible what is out there now compared to when we were growing up...