2 replies to this topic

#1 francesco

francesco

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:33 AM

Hi

I had a cocktail in Shanghai that was called Ladies in Japan and had as ingredients sake, cointreau and milk (and maybe something else as well). I'd like to re-create it but guess it was a name made up by the bar as I can't find it with web searches. Has anyone heard of such a combination or could anyone offer suggestions?

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Interesting combination.  I haven't heard of this drink, but if I was going to guess, I'd say 1 oz. each of the Sake and Cointreu and top with 1/2 oz. of milk.  You'll need to stir it pretty well.

If that doesn't taste the same, play with the ratio a little and see what works.  As for a fourth ingredient, who knows, unless you can get to Shanghai again or find someone who can get to that bar for you.

Wish I could help more.

Dan

#3 __francesco_*_*

__francesco_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Dan, on Oct 21 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

Interesting combination.  I haven't heard of this drink, but if I was going to guess, I'd say 1 oz. each of the Sake and Cointreu and top with 1/2 oz. of milk.  You'll need to stir it pretty well.

If that doesn't taste the same, play with the ratio a little and see what works.  As for a fourth ingredient, who knows, unless you can get to Shanghai again or find someone who can get to that bar for you.

Wish I could help more.

Dan

Thanks! I'll try that and if successful will post the result.