#1 DaCloser714

DaCloser714

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

:)  Hello my Bartending Family,

I first want to say THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE! especially to newbies like me!
second, I wanted to say I am going to bartending school, and will be taking my test in a few days.
I live in Orange County, Ca and I really want to find a job, my school offers job placement but to all you bartenders out there, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION WITH WORKING AT A BAR,RESTURANT OR SPORTS BAR? WHAT WOULD BE AN EASIER TRANSITION FOR ME? thank you and I am sorry this is so long :)

#2 PaulTheGreek

PaulTheGreek

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

it is better at a restaurant because at a sports cafe it will be a mess at the begginig

#3 Bars-and-Bartending.com

Bars-and-Bartending.com

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

Where you choose to bartend should depend on your personality and tastes.  Take the environment, the clientele, the music, hours and tips into consideration when choosing where to tend.  If you have no prior experience, taking a job in a restaurant would be the easiest for you to learn the ropes in a slower paced environment.  A pub or a sports bar can get busy and you may have trouble keeping up.  However, if you put in the extra effort to learn, its a lot more fun to work in a pub or sports bar (if you're into sports ;)  )

You can find bartending video tutorials to brush up on your skills here.  (don't pay attention to the headline since you're already in bartending school)Posted Image

And if you're looking for a free bartender cheat sheet, you can download it here.

Cheers!

#4 Steveo989

Steveo989

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I would say first get your foot in the door wherever you can, then once you have a few solid months of bartending, work where you will enjoy working. You can not be picky without experience, unless of course you are a woman and absolutely gorgeous.