- - - - -

Chocolate Martini

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _kristi_*

_kristi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

I had the best ever Chocolate Martini at THE MELTING POT.....However, when I went back, I had a different bartender and sorry to say, it wasn't as good as the first one.  Does anyone have any prior experience working there or any good recipes you would like to share with me???  Also, it was clear, so keep that in mind and thank you all so much!!!!

#2 lisa

lisa

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

hey kristi- we make our chocolate martinis different. we use a jig of top shelf vodka such as grey goose or kettle one, but it is usually of their choice as some people prefer stoli, smirnoff etc. and a jig of godiva chocolate liquer. (we add a couple drops of baileys, only to lighten up the color of the drink (because of godiva being so dark) as we put chocolate swirls around the inside of the glass and you wouldnt be able to see the swirls.) onto your drink the next bartender probably used a different vodka maybe, as this will definately change the taste of a martini.  and as for it being clear, they probably used a cr. de cocoa (clear not the dark stuff). hope this helps! happy drinking! Lisa

#3 _Cheryl Charming_*

_Cheryl Charming_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

kristi, on Jun 6 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

I had the best ever Chocolate Martini at THE MELTING POT.....However, when I went back, I had a different bartender and sorry to say, it wasn't as good as the first one.  Does anyone have any prior experience working there or any good recipes you would like to share with me???  Also, it was clear, so keep that in mind and thank you all so much!!!!

The basics of a Chocolate-tini are simple; vodka and chocolate liqueur shaken with ice then strained into a chilled cocktail glass. The beautiful thing is that chocolate goes well with so many other flavors so you can introduce a myriad of ingredients into a Chocolate Martini. Chocolate compliments orange, lemon, mint, banana, strawberry, raspberry, cream, vanilla, nuts, butterscotch, pepper, cinnamon, whiskey, Champagne, cherry, clove, coconut, coffee, and pear. All of these possibilities make the shaking field wide open.

You now can see by incorporating different flavored liquors, liqueurs and mixers that Chocolate Martinis are only limited by your imagination. The three base vodkas to use in a Chocolate-tini are a 2 oz portion of plain, vanilla, or chocolate vodka. If you add another flavored vodka in addition to a base-vodka then you would reduce the portion size to 1 oz. Flavored vodka choices to use could be raspberry, strawberry, banana, cherry, coconut, lemon, and orange. Liqueur choices are plentiful. Taking a trip to your lo-cal liquor store’s liqueur section will spawn a world of possibilities. Simply pick out flavors you like, but also know that there will be a range of prices and choices for every flavor.

This leads to the fun part of dressing up and garnishing a Chocolate Martini. You can rim a glass with cocoa powder, powdered hot chocolate mix, shredded chocolate, etc. The inside of the glass can be coated in chocolate syrups and the garnishes can range from the many choices of chocolate candy available, bite-sized chocolate cakes, brownies, cookies and more!

Hope this helps.
Cheryl Charming
misscharming.com

#4 _kristi_*

_kristi_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

lisa, on Jun 9 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

hey kristi- we make our chocolate martinis different. we use a jig of top shelf vodka such as grey goose or kettle one, but it is usually of their choice as some people prefer stoli, smirnoff etc. and a jig of godiva chocolate liquer. (we add a couple drops of baileys, only to lighten up the color of the drink (because of godiva being so dark) as we put chocolate swirls around the inside of the glass and you wouldnt be able to see the swirls.) onto your drink the next bartender probably used a different vodka maybe, as this will definately change the taste of a martini.  and as for it being clear, they probably used a cr. de cocoa (clear not the dark stuff). hope this helps! happy drinking! Lisa

Thank you, I'll give it a try!!

#5 _Luckylogan777_*

_Luckylogan777_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

kristi, on Jun 10 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

Thank you, I'll give it a try!!

#6 _vegasbartender_*

_vegasbartender_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

This Girl Lisa has no idea what she is talking about when it comes to vodka,  In a mixed drink or a chocolate martini you will never know the difference unless it is a plastic bottled moonshine.  Back to you question there are many versions to this.  One that most people love is 1 oz vadka and dark cream caco then 1/2 oz bailys irish cream then add one circle of whip cream into a shaker and shake then strain, sprinkle chocolate flakes or any garnish you choose.  Back to the vodka thing you can pepsi challenge any of those and people will not know what they are drinking... side note grey goose sucks it is only marketing that makes poeple feel they should like it.

#7 lisa

lisa

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

well vegasbartender, if there is no difference in vodkas, why are there so many different brands available, if they all taste the same?? I was just letting her know what my customers perfer, and if they don't request any kind of vodka i give them a top shelf kind, not just any rail vodka for their martini, as i don't rip the customer off when they are paying top dollar for a martini and getting rail vodka.  I have been bartending for the past 22 years so i think i have some idea what i am talking about. Maybe next time you post on here, you shouldn't worry about what other people write and just try and help someone who has a question!!

#8 _Angela_*

_Angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

I experienced the same thing at The Melting Pot but I discovered the secret!  In addition to Vanilla flavored Volka, and Light Creme de Choco, they also add White Chocolate Syrup like Torani makes.  I bet the second time you had it the bartender didn't add the secret ingredient: Torani Chocolate Bianco (white chocolate syrup).  Through trial and error at home, I found if you mix equal parts of the volka and creme de choco and then 1/4 to 1/2 part of the syrup, you will be in heaven with your Best Ever Chocolate Martini!  It is currently my favorite drink although I only have it at home because no one makes it better than the Melting Pot and me!
Hope this helps!

#9 _Angela_*

_Angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

Don't forget to add the chocolate disc in the bottom of the glass when you enjoy your Perfect Chocolate Martini!

#10 _pup_*

_pup_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

you might like an expresso martini.

my version  sky vodka 1.5
                                                                            dark cacao 1.5
                                                                            kahlua       1
                                                                            add all in silver canister with plenty o ice and lastly one hot shot of x presso shake the crap out of it and pour. should have foamy head on top.    different variations r sub stoli o and coffee flavored vodka  or add baily's and vanilla ice cream and go frozen  or add caremel syrup  etc. possibilities r endless.
                                       enjoy

#11 _PUP_*

_PUP_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

pup, on Jun 19 2008, 11:22 AM, said:

you might like an expresso martini.

my version  sky vodka 1.5
                                                                            dark cacao 1.5
                                                                            kahlua       1
                                                                            add all in silver canister with plenty o ice and lastly one hot shot of x presso shake the crap out of it and pour. should have foamy head on top.    different variations r sub stoli o and coffee flavored vodka  or add baily's and vanilla ice cream and go frozen  or add caremel syrup  etc. possibilities r endless.
                                       enjoy
                                                           and i'd like to add that i've been a bar guide for twenty years, have worked in establishments with over 100 different brands from around the world not including the flavored stuff,    THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN VODKA, I AGREE THE GIRL MADE UNINFORMED PARTIAL COMMENT.

#12 __makananiwoohoo_*_*

__makananiwoohoo_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

try vanilla stoli, godiva milk or white chocolate liquer, coffee liquer shaken with ice, chocolate syrup design a martini glass...