2 replies to this topic

#1 MFK

MFK

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

I found in a cocktail book the receip for this shooter.
As it's explained there, vodka should be in the middle, between grenadine sirup and curacao,
but, anytime i try, i always get the curacao falling under so the vodka goes on top.

besides, how in the world can vodka stay under curacao. Layered shooters have their line-up defined by the concentration of sugar.
Seems quite hard to me that vodka might have more sugar than curacao. Should I go for a sparticular brand?

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

I don't think changing brands will help.  Check out the specific gravities chart here and you'll see that white spirits like Vodka are at the top of the list.  I think you'll find the vodka will rise to the top.

Another way of doing this is in three parts, like the Red White and Blue shooter.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dan

#3 _Chryl Charming_*

_Chryl Charming_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostMFK, on May 7 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

I found in a cocktail book the receip for this shooter.
As it's explained there, vodka should be in the middle, between grenadine sirup and curacao,
but, anytime i try, i always get the curacao falling under so the vodka goes on top.

besides, how in the world can vodka stay under curacao. Layered shooters have their line-up defined by the concentration of sugar.
Seems quite hard to me that vodka might have more sugar than curacao. Should I go for a sparticular brand?

Here's something better. You need grenadine, white creme de cacao, and blue curacao. It is better explained if you go to this page:
http://www.misscharm...whiteblues.html

Cheers!
Cheryl Charming
www.misscharming.com