4 replies to this topic

#1 PackratLisa

PackratLisa

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

i am trying to layer a stars and stripes drink which is what i have always known as a red, white and blue ....it consists of grenadine on the bottom heavy cream in the middle and blue curaco on the top and that is where I have the problem the blue curaco does not want to float on the heavy cream and I was womdering if anyone had any secret tricks to accomplish this task???? thanks in advance, Lisa

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Lisa,

Check out our Layering page in the Tips section.  When you are on that page, there is a link to a specific gravities chart to help you with the weight of each ingredient and the order you should add them.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dan

#3 _Amber_*

_Amber_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

View PostPackratLisa, on Apr 20 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

i am trying to layer a stars and stripes drink which is what i have always known as a red, white and blue ....it consists of grenadine on the bottom heavy cream in the middle and blue curaco on the top and that is where I have the problem the blue curaco does not want to float on the heavy cream and I was womdering if anyone had any secret tricks to accomplish this task???? thanks in advance, Lisa

i work in a cafe and some of our drinks need to be layered...only thing i can think of is maybe u should try to add the ice before u put the blue curaco in the drink....that might help

#4 Cheryl Charming

Cheryl Charming

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

Cream is lighter than Blue Curacao so it won't layer.

Try this one instead:
http://www.misscharm...whiteblues.html

#5 _Victoria_*

_Victoria_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

The cream will float on most liquers she's correct.. you have to put that on top