Ethnic/regional Alcoholic Drink Mixes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 _JQuinn_*

_JQuinn_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

Hey guys, new to this site and I must say so far, I am loving it. Anyways, so the other day I was at this oriental restaurant and I am sure some of you have had this before but I had, for the first time, a quail egg shot. It was a shot glass filled with Saki, quail egg, mercienahgoe (I just butchered that, sorry) and a splash of hot sauce. Anyways, that got me thinking as to what other EXTREME native alcoholic shots or drinks that are out there that I have never heard of and was hoping that we could start listing some! Keep in mind, I am looking for something daring, not simply a foreign originated drink like the Singapore Slinger, something like the Clam Shot, something exotic and ethnic and well.....you get the picture. I'll start it off with a couple that I have found and P.S. If you know the country or the story behind the drink please give that as well! I don't know anything about the ones I am fixing to list, I assume they are simply American concoctions but EXTREME nonetheless.

Clam Shot
Ingredients
3 part(s) Rolling Rock Beer
2 tsp. Cocktail Sauce
1 Clam (fresh and Raw)
Instructions
Fill a martini glass 3/4's with beer. Stir in 2 teaspoons of cocktail sauce and drop in raw clam. Try to swallow without chewing!!!

Kooch
Garnish with a onion wedge
Ingredients
1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
1 oz. Clam Juice
Wedge Onion