#1 OMolly75

OMolly75

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums and would just like to say hello to everyone! So, what is everyone drinking here??

Molly =)

Edited by OMolly75, 10 October 2007 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

Hey Molly,

Welcome to the forums.  We've been pretty quiet around here as we work behind the scenes trying to get the new site up and running.  All going well, it may be next weekend.

As for drinks, I'm a Crown Royal and Pepsi guy.  Pretty basic but keeps me going.

How about you?

Cheers,

Dan

#3 rcm999

rcm999

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

View PostOMolly75, on Oct 10 2007, 10:07 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums and would just like to say hello to everyone! So, what is everyone drinking here??

Molly =)

Hi Molly.  I'm a newbie to this forum too.  I stumbled across it trying to find an answer to "what's the best brand of sloe gin?"  I was behind the bar many years ago while in the service, working at the NCO club.  One of our popular drinks was the Sloe Gin Fizz.  To make a long story short, I found a bottle of Dekuyper's sloe gin and when I cracked the seal, it seemed a little musty in odor.  The taste was also musty.  I thought maybe in my old age (55), my senses had changed, but in mixing this understated delight, it was far less than what I expected.  The bouquet and taste were rather flat and bland.  I thought for sure we used Dekuyper's, but it may have been another name brand.

Two part question:  What brand would you folks recommend?  Second, is it possible the bottle went flat or bad on the shelf?  The sweet, happy, party attitude it is supposed to create is not there.  I'm embarrassed because I made it for my girldfriend and it bombed on me.  I'm not boo-hooing, just wondering.  She is still crazy about my Blood Marys, though.