Which Granita Machines Are The Best? Need Advice!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 __Buzzmaker29_*_*

__Buzzmaker29_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

I am planning on buying a two bowl granita dispenser for our roof-top lounge, however I don't know which brand would be the best.  Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the different brands?  Also, if you have used them (either the ones you can see the colors mixing, or the ones that just look like steel contraptions), did you sell many of the frozen drinks contained in them just by customers seeing the colorful drinks mixing?  

Any and all advice, experiences and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

Not sure of any reviews, but our Barstore supplier has a few different ones.  Check out this link .  Let me know if the prices are inline with what you find.

Cheers,

Dan

#3 _Meralee_*

_Meralee_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

We have a "Wild, Wild Women" party every year and a frozen drink machine is rented, The first two years, we had the granita type machines. The first year, we waited for the machine to empty to refill it, it took forever for the next batch to freeze. The second year, we refilled when the first batch was half gone and all of the ice floated to the top and again it took forever to re-freeze.

In the 6 years since then, we've rented a more expensive machine, but it keeps the liquid seperate from the frozen stuff. It was a Grindmaster model #3311. I think before this year's party we're going to buy one online. I found them a couple places for like $3,400.