• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jpmoore

jpmoore

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

someone just told me about a so called japanese version of a long island made with midori.  anyone else heard of this and if so, how do you make it?

#2 _jorge_*

_jorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

jpmoore, on Mar 9 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

someone just told me about a so called japanese version of a long island made with midori.  anyone else heard of this and if so, how do you make it?

yes its called a "tokyo tea". atleast so ive heard. because the midori melon, is a japanese melon. *shrug*

#3 _ryan_*

_ryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

jorge, on Nov 18 2007, 09:04 AM, said:

jpmoore, on Mar 9 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

yes its called a "tokyo tea". atleast so ive heard. because the midori melon, is a japanese melon. *shrug*

yea its a tokyo tea. theres a new orleans tea also which is chambord instead of pepsi thats good. and and ocean beach tea _that we call it_ with cranberry juice instead of pepsi with a floater of 151

#4 _alex_*

_alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

It is a tokya tea yes.
You make it almost exactly like a long island, except subtract coke and add midori splash instead.
1 part each:tequila, vodka, rum, gin, splash of sours and triple sec, and top with midori.

#5 _vegasbartender_*

_vegasbartender_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

there is the Long Beach... cran insted of coke to top off a regular LI,  then there is Italian tea with amoretto in place of Triple sec and 7up as the top, then the adios mother F*#ker that replaces the triple sec with Blue caraco and top with 7up... the Tokyo tea does not have triple sec it is the Madori that replaces it

alex, on Jan 26 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

It is a tokya tea yes.
You make it almost exactly like a long island, except subtract coke and add midori splash instead.
1 part each:tequila, vodka, rum, gin, splash of sours and triple sec, and top with midori.

#6 Cheryl Charming

Cheryl Charming

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

Midori is a bright green honeydew melon liqueur that originally came from Japan. It hit the US market in 1978. Midori means "green" in Japanese. Another company (not in Japan) owns it now...I forget who. There are other generic melon liqueurs out there but none of them taste as good as Midori.

Anyway, yes you replace the orange liqueur (tripe sec) with the melon liqueur then instead of coke you use Sprite/7UP. So the recipe is:

.5 oz vodka
.5 oz gin
.5 oz rum
.5 oz tequila
.5 oz Midori
2 oz sweet-n-sour
splashes of Sprite

If you want more melon taste then add more melon liqueur.

#7 _pup_*

_pup_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

then there is also the grateful dead, substituting chambord for cola.

#8 _The Real Deal_*

_The Real Deal_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Foir the Toyko Tea Recipe,   I work in a Bar the is adjecent to a Japanese Resturant... :girl_devil:  In my bar we have a variation and Call it a Hop, Skip, And Go Naked....
.5oz Vodka
.5oz Gin
.5oz Rum
.5oz Tequila
.5oz  Raspberry Rush ( or Chambord )
Fill with Cran Juice....
                                                              Thanks Again,
                                                                             TRD

Cheryl Charming, on Jun 15 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Midori is a bright green honeydew melon liqueur that originally came from Japan. It hit the US market in 1978. Midori means "green" in Japanese. Another company (not in Japan) owns it now...I forget who. There are other generic melon liqueurs out there but none of them taste as good as Midori.

Anyway, yes you replace the orange liqueur (tripe sec) with the melon liqueur then instead of coke you use Sprite/7UP. So the recipe is:

.5 oz vodka
.5 oz gin
.5 oz rum
.5 oz tequila
.5 oz Midori
2 oz sweet-n-sour
splashes of Sprite

If you want more melon taste then add more melon liqueur.