Absinthe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _Ando_*

_Ando_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

Gday everyone...I am a huge fan of Absinthe. Up until now i simply drank it straight, sometimes with water. I just watched a French TV program where i observed the French putting an Absinthe spoon with sugar over a glass and letting water from a glass dispenser drizzle over the sugar cube into the glass...I have now become obsessed with learning where to buy one of these Absinthe Spoons and Absinthe Dispensers...Like a big crystal dispenser with tap or something...I would happily drink from this masterpiece all day... ANy advice where these Absinthe related products could be found would be great!...Cheers to all.
Toodles

#2 The Raven

The Raven

A regular

• Bar None Friends
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

Spoons are everywhere.  If you can find Absente in the box, it comes with a spoon.  For the fountain, you have to search antique stores.  I've found some on eBay.  They aren't mass produced in the states, though you might be able to find them in Canada.  You can definitely get spoons on eBay.

As a note, most often it was the absinthe in the fountain falling onto the sugar cube into a glass that already contained the cold water.