- - - - -

Party/event Open Bar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _poohster_*

_poohster_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

I've been searching for general information on having a party with what I think of as an open bar.  To me, that means guests can drink all they want (of specific liquors/beers/wines - right?) for a set price to the host.  My question is how to set the per person price?  Is there an accepted norm based on the liquor chosen?  Or is there a forumula based on the price of the liquor/beer/wine you choose?  Are there any guidelines to number of drinks or is it really all you can drink?
Is there an accepted glass size; and are the drinks made to normal specs (ie 3 count pours etc.)

My thanks to anyone who can provide some insight here.  I've so much useful info here.

#2 Suzy

Suzy

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:17 PM

in my experience with open bars is just to put a set amount behind the bar, when it's gone it's gone and first come first served,

if you're having a party where all your guests arrive at different times this may trickier

maybe you could just offer your guests some sparkling wine/champagne on arrival

You can always restrict people ordering doubles and shots over the bar or just keep it to beers wine and soft drinks only and let them pay for bottled beer and spirits?

who many people are you expecting?