Jager Kept Cold?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _l_*

_l_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

i got jagermeister for the first time and the bottle says keep on ice, does jager go bad if it's not refrigerated?

#2 The Raven

The Raven

A regular

• Bar None Friends
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

I've never encountered any issue with keeping Jager at room temp.  It may be more of a suggestion for serving than a storage issue.  The flavor will be affected if it changes temp too much though, so pick the temp you're going to serve it at and keep it there.

#3 Ken

Ken

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

The Raven, on Sep 15 2006, 11:11 PM, said:

I've never encountered any issue with keeping Jager at room temp.  It may be more of a suggestion for serving than a storage issue.  The flavor will be affected if it changes temp too much though, so pick the temp you're going to serve it at and keep it there.

Yeah, in my experience it's a serving recommendation; I'd imagine because the flavor can be quite potent at room temperature (Jager at room temperature isn't bad IMO, but the cold definitely adds something desirable).

#4 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

I have had alcohol poisoning from moldy Jager. I would always refrigerate it. I was the sickest I have ever been in my life from the Jager that had gone bad.

#5 _bec_*

_bec_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Guest, on Apr 10 2009, 10:50 AM, said:

I have had alcohol poisoning from moldy Jager. I would always refrigerate it. I was the sickest I have ever been in my life from the Jager that had gone bad.

you sure you didnt just drink too much???

#6 _RonJ73_*

_RonJ73_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

In my opinion, Jaeger should be kept in the freezer.  It's nasty anyway, IMO, but it's much better when served VERY cold.

Also regarding the person who had "moldy jaeger" that's pretty much impossible based on the alcohol content.  Likely you just drank too much.

#7 _brandy_*

_brandy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

no it does not go bad I've done it several times.

#8 _GM Tender_*

_GM Tender_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

Guest, on Apr 10 2009, 10:50 AM, said:

Dude that would be food poisoning, NOT alcohol poisoning. You get Alcohol poisoning from drinking too much in a short period of time, After thinking with that being said maybe that was the case.