Cocktail Party

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Newbie_*

_Newbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

I'm helping a friend organize a cocktail party and need some expert suggestions. The majority of the guests at this party will be female.

I need some tips as to ingredients (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) that will allow me to make a range of cocktails as having every type of alcohol available isn't really an option.

Even a small list of cocktails that allow me to keep the variety of ingredients to a minimum while still providing variety in the types of cocktails would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:35 AM

My first suggestions would be a few bottles of wine.  Some of the fun flavors.  They're fairly inexpensive and affords for more variety.
Also, is there a theme to the party?  I like to have one signature specialty drink for each party I throw.  Is it a birthday, movie night or celebration of some kind?  Find a theme, even a slim one, to give you a great idea for that one special cocktail.  That way you're not struggling to make everyone's favorite drink all night...that's a serious drag if you're not that familiar with different drinks.

#3 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:37 AM

Good tips Rita.  

I'd like to add that a big bowl of punch works well.  We mix up enough for the party the night before and store it in 2 litre pop bottles.  During the party, its easy to refill your punch bowl without taking too much time away from your guests.  Some fresh fruit as a garnish, add ice and your guests can serve themselves.

As for mixing different drinks, a basic alcohol like vodka can go a long way.  It mixes with everything and if you keep a variety of different juices around you can mix some fun drinks.  Buy a bottle of grenadine for visual effects and away you go.

Of course you could just offer 2 or 3 different drinks, both alcoholic and virgin.  That way, you know what to buy and guests that don't want to drink alcohol can still enjoy your creative concoctions.

Cheers and have a great party! :w00t:

#4 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:21 PM

oooo punch : )

freeze juice with fruit in it in a ring mold and float it in the bowl.

the possibilities are limitless