Carnival Cruise Drink

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 __kingkrazy_*_*

__kingkrazy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

Carnival cruise has a drink called the ship special. Could not entice a tender to fork over the recipe. anyone have it. I love that drink.

#2 The Raven

The Raven

A regular

• Bar None Friends
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:28 AM

View Post_kingkrazy_*, on Jun 2 2006, 04:23 PM, said:

Carnival cruise has a drink called the ship special. Could not entice a tender to fork over the recipe. anyone have it. I love that drink.
I've got friends at the company...give me some specifics (date/itinerary/flavor/likely ingredients) and I'll see what I can come up with.

#3 __kingkrazy_*_*

__kingkrazy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

the trip was on the mexican riviera. I am not sure of the ship. But I have talked to other people who have taken carnival and the Ship Special sounds to be the same. It is red and fruity and you get to keep the glass. Thanks for the help

#4 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

red fruity drink and you get to keep the glass...sounds like a hurricane.

#5 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

You see, I need to make more money so I can afford to go on a cruise and learn these recipes.  If you all want, chip in the $ and I'll go :w00t:

Otherwise, I'll have to rely on the expertise of those posting on the forums.  Probably the latter choice will be my fate....

#6 _Ron_*

_Ron_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

The 'ship special' on my carnival caribbean cruise cruise was a 'caribbean dream'

2- Orange juice
1- Peach shnapps
1- Rum
spalsh of grenadine

serve over ice

The Rum Punch was better. but I didn't write down what was in it

dark rum
light rum
grand marnier

fruit juice - banana, pineapple, strawberry maybe ?? or banana, pineapple, grenadine (it was pinkish/red)

It was da bomb!!!

#7 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

I'm not sure of the drink you're taling about, but I too am stumped by a "Carnival" drink. It's a frozen drink, orange/redish called "Kiss on the Lips." Anyone know how to make it? It tastes like a fresh PEACH!

#8 _Legalwife_*

_Legalwife_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

View Post_kingkrazy_*, on Jun 2 2006, 06:23 PM, said:

Just had it on Triumph on October 21st as Drink of the Day and had several more throughout cruise!!!  Yummy!  It is called the "Fun Ship Special".  It is red and delicious,  but it tastes different than a hurricane.  I know it had rum in it.

I would LOVE to have the recipe too!

Thanks!

#9 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

View PostLegalwife, on Oct 29 2006, 10:34 AM, said:

Just had it on Triumph on October 21st as Drink of the Day and had several more throughout cruise!!!  Yummy!  It is called the "Fun Ship Special".  It is red and delicious,  but it tastes different than a hurricane.  I know it had rum in it.

I would LOVE to have the recipe too!

Thanks!

I just got off the truimph this week. anyways I have all of the names of the drinks on the ship.

I think its the following because I did ask the first day.

Passion juice.....Rum....vodka....what does that sound like???? it wasnt a hurricane.

#10 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

The FunShip is:

1 shot of - Vodka, Rum, and Amaretto
.5 shot of - pineapple, orange, and lime juice
.25 shot of apricot brandy
splash of grenadine

#11 _Michael_*

_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

Just got back from a cruise on Carnival. Try this:

Ingredient Amount
Amaretto 1 shot
Brandy, apricot 1 shot
Rum, mango 1 shot
Rum, white 1 shot
Grenadine 1 shot
Orange Juice Fill with
Pineapple Juice Fill with
Glass to UseCocktail glass  

Mixing Instructions
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker, filling with equal parts of orange juice and pineapple juice. Shake and strain into cocktail glasses.

#12 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

Fun ship
ameretto 1shot
apricot brandy 1 shot
mango run 1 shot
rum white 1 shot
grenadine 1 shot oj fill with
pineapple juice fill with

#13 __rebelchick71_*_*

__rebelchick71_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][color=#3333FF]
Here is the recipe for the "Fun Ship" Special.  I've been on 3 carnival cruises and the "special" was the same on 2 different ships.  This is the recipe from the Carnival Recipe Book.

1 oz. Vodka
1 1/2 oz. Light Rum
1/4 oz. Apricot Brandy
1/4 oz. Amaretto
6 oz. fruit punch

This is an absolute amazing drink!  I will sneak up on ya!!

#14 gigp-com

gigp-com

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

Was it an Abraham-hicks cruise????
I love them!
Anna:)

View Post_kingkrazy_*, on Jun 8 2006, 04:29 PM, said:

the trip was on the mexican riviera. I am not sure of the ship. But I have talked to other people who have taken carnival and the Ship Special sounds to be the same. It is red and fruity and you get to keep the glass. Thanks for the help

#15 _arlenew219_*

_arlenew219_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

View Postgigp-com, on Aug 11 2007, 06:46 PM, said:

Was it an Abraham-hicks cruise????
I love them!
Anna:)

View Post_kingkrazy_*, on Jun 8 2006, 04:29 PM, said:

Here are the names of  1st day:  Funship;  2nd day:  Goombay Smash;  3rd day:  Bahama Mama;  4th day:  Island Delight;            5th day:  Ultimate  Suntan.  Anyone knows the recipes??

#16 _amanda_*

_amanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

View PostGuest, on Sep 19 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

I'm not sure of the drink you're taling about, but I too am stumped by a "Carnival" drink. It's a frozen drink, orange/redish called "Kiss on the Lips." Anyone know how to make it? It tastes like a fresh PEACH!
the kiss on the lips is my favorite drink heres how to make it.
5 oz peach schnapps
20 oz frozen mango mix
4 tbsp grenadine syrup
The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom. serves 4

#17 _boop_*

_boop_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

View PostRita, on Jun 8 2006, 05:38 PM, said:

red fruity drink and you get to keep the glass...sounds like a hurricane.

Sounds like you need a life Dan.

#18 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

Ouch, the truth hurts.  In truth I'm pretty lucky this year.  It looks like I'm off to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans.  I should get my fair share of drinking/learning in there.  I'll post more as the time gets closer.  You can read about it on the main page of the site.

Cheers,

Dan

#19 _Joann Blanchard_*

_Joann Blanchard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

I just returned from a Carnival Cruise and purchased the drink recipe book called Carnival Cocktails.  The recipe listed in this book is called The Fun Ship. The ingredients are

1 oz Finlandia Vodka
1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum
1/4 oz De Kuyper Apricot Brandy
1/4 0z De Kuyper Amaretto
6 oz fruit punch

Enjoy
Joann

#20 _Nicole_*

_Nicole_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostJoann Blanchard, on Apr 2 2008, 07:04 PM, said:

I just returned from a Carnival Cruise and purchased the drink recipe book called Carnival Cocktails.  The recipe listed in this book is called The Fun Ship. The ingredients are

1 oz Finlandia Vodka
1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum
1/4 oz De Kuyper Apricot Brandy
1/4 0z De Kuyper Amaretto
6 oz fruit punch

Enjoy
Joann

Hello i just got back from a carnival cruise and i had a great "drink of the day", it had rum in it and it was pink, went down like kool-aid. andyway i can't remember what it was called. I am sure they have lots of rum drinks, if you might be able to help me out that would be great, Thank you Nicole, i know it didn't have vodka or brandy in it, that much i know

#21 nicole

nicole

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostThe Raven, on Jun 4 2006, 12:28 AM, said:

View Post_kingkrazy_*, on Jun 2 2006, 04:23 PM, said:

I've got friends at the company...give me some specifics (date/itinerary/flavor/likely ingredients) and I'll see what I can come up with.

ok i need to know what was in my drink of the day on my cruise which my cruise was from may 19 till may 24, the drink of the day was on the 20, it was the carnival imagination ship, it was kind of fruity, tasted great though, i know it had rum in it, with NO vodka and NO brandy, can you help me???? NICOLE

#22 russianspy1234

russianspy1234

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hey, I was on a cruise from San Diego to Mexico in December, and one of the types of martinis they had was the Italian.  I've been to a few bars down here, and no one seems to know how to make it, does anyone happen to know what was in it?

#23 _Shannon_*

_Shannon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am looking for a recipe from Carnival Cruise lines as well, but I'm not sure if it's the same drink.  It was the special of the day on the first day of the cruise, but it was called a Hurricane.  I have no idea what was in it except that it was fruity with a hint of coconut.  I have searched online for Hurricane recipes and tried Hurricane drink mixes but none of them have tasted like what I got on the cruise.  They definitely called it a Hurricane though, I am 100% certain of that.  Does anybody know the drink I'm talking about and have a recipe, or is it the same recipe as the daily special listed above?  My cruise was in December 2006 on the Fascination if that helps.

#24 _Kimberly_*

_Kimberly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

View PostGuest, on Sep 19 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

The kiss on the lips is awesome.  If you go on another cruise, ask for the Miami Vice...that is great too, and I think you'd like it.

#25 _emily_*

_emily_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

try the yellow bird.

1 oz. Light Rum
1/4 oz. Galliano
1/4 oz. Creme de Banana
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
2 oz. Orange Juice

Combine ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice and stir.

#26 _jetskier_*

_jetskier_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

View Postemily, on Jul 11 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

try the yellow bird.

1 oz. Light Rum
1/4 oz. Galliano
1/4 oz. Creme de Banana
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
2 oz. Orange Juice

Combine ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice and stir.

The Yellowbird is good.  The first drink of the day is the Funship Special.   The recipe listed in the drink book is different than what is listed on the ingrediants at the bar.  They show 151 rum, vodka, Apricot brandy, amaretto and fruit punch.  For the person looking for the Kiss on the Lips, try  2oz Peach Schnapps, 4oz mango puree (Finest Call) and a tray of ice.  Blend.  In a clear glass put a splash of grenadine, swirl around and pour in mix from blender.  It has to be mango puree or else you wont get the proper consistancy.

#27 _Supafro_*

_Supafro_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Does anyone have Carnivals AMARETTO SOUR" Recipe?

#28 _Max_*

_Max_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hello, I found this message board while trying to look for drink recipes for the daily specials on my recent Carnival Cruise. I just sailed on the Carnival Valor to the Western Caribbean. I believe the daily specials were as follows:

Order might have changed a bit
1.The Fun Ship
2.Yellow Bird
3.Goombay Smash
4.Island Delight
5.Mexican Mama (guessing like a Bahama Mama?...we were in Cozumel at the time)
6.Ultimate Suntan

Anyway, I wanted to order the Carnival Cocktails book from their website, but was told that they're only sold on the boats. The person helping me though said that they do give out the recipes to any drinks on request.
The number I called was 1-800-522-7648. I selected the option for "post-cruise" help. Hope this helps!

#29 _Carole_*

_Carole_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

there is one called The Fun Ship

1 fl oz of Finlandia Vodka
1 1/2 ozs of Light Rum
1/4 oz of DeKuyper - Amaretto
6 ozs of fruit punch

Blena all ingredients together, pour over ice.

#30 _Guest_*

_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

I went on the Carnival Triumph in July.  They had a frozen drink called the Cozumel.  Any idea how to make that one?  It was a green/blue color.
Thanks!