16 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:56 AM

Ok, I run the place so I must have a pretty exotic drink as my favourite, right?  Well, no.  I'm a Crown Royal and Coke (Pepsi) drinker.  Pretty plain, but I am an old guy.

I love the smooth taste of Crown and although I can drink it over ice, the Cola just adds the sweetness I crave.  Kinda like adding sugar to your coffee I guess.

So, how about the rest of you, what do you like?

While you're posting, make sure to ask Jason about his Prairie Fire fetish........

Just to encourage some interaction with you registered members, a random post in this thread will win a giveaway.  I won't tell you what yet, but if you like our site, then it'll be worth your while posting a line or two.  :)

Dan

#2 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

I thought we agreed never to speak of that again...  :)

Dan's going to kill me for not linking to Bar None recipes...

My current favourite drink (has been for the last three years or so) is the Mojito

I had a chance to have a Caipirinha on a recent trip, and I'm thinking about switching teams.  I'll have to find a good source of Cachaca first though.

I also have a real desire to try out Liqor 43 (Cuarenta Y Tres) since reading about it a while back.  Can't find the article right now unfortunately.

Hey Dan, am I eligible for the prize? ;)

#3 NH Chef de Bar

NH Chef de Bar

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:59 AM

You're right about the Mojito: fantastic if made well, and taking the country by storm (still!). I was just at the Sante Magazine Symposoium; the famous mixologists Francesco Lafranconi and Tony Abou-Gamin, along with their entourage of Las Vegas superstars, provided summer berry mojitos- just muddle three or four raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries with the mint, sugar, and lime. Give it a try!

As for favorite drinks, mine is and has been for twenty years, Fernet Branca neat. No question.

Have fun ;-)

#4 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

hello everyone,

first time posting, but i'm a big bar none fan.  as far as favorite drink goes...can we possibly have just one??  not a chance!!  

i'm a rum and coke (also prefer pepsi) girl.  but i've recently discovered a select few new favs.  the first one i found right here on bar none while looking for the perfect Oscar night cocktail...every party has to have a signature cocktail, right?  well, since brokeback mountain was one of the nominated films, after an exhaustive search, i spyed the "C**k Sucking Cowboy".  please...no matter how it tastes, i figure, it's the perfect drink.  turns out it's quite yummy.

also, a friend of mine suggested an "Irish car bomb"...sounds dicey for a girls night out, but what the heck, right.  also yummy and great when a bunch of friends are up for a fun night out...line 'em up!

ok...too much information?  well, you did ask, right? : )

#5 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

Congrats Rita,

You've won the first subscription to WineX magazine that we are giving away.  

It's just that easy.  Post your favourite drink here and you could win.

More giveaways this month to follow.  From what I see the odds for NH Chef de Bar are pretty good right now.  

Dan

#6 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

woo hoo...check ME out : )

that really was easy, wasn't it.
You'll never get rid of me now.

#7 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

Ah, kinda like a bad smell, she keeps coming back.  Well, maybe like that long lost relative, not a smell.  I wouldn't put that on poor Rita would I?

As for the rest of you, I still have stuff to giveaway.  Are you too shy even to post your favourite drink?  It'll be our little secret.  Well, unless you say something like a Shirley Temple, then, well, you know......

#8 Rita

Rita

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

i'll just have to disguise my voice and post a different favorite drink and win the cool stuff myself.
can i type with a southern accent?...hmm

#9 mysticgypsy128

mysticgypsy128

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

Personally, I love me some gin & tonic. I'm REAL big on the gin. It's my fav. :rolleyes:

Edited by mysticgypsy128, 30 December 2006 - 10:37 PM.

#10 danny

danny

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

I am new to the creating drinks scene but I already have a fav and it's also gin and tonic.

#11 KatieBug

KatieBug

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

View PostDan, on May 5 2006, 10:56 AM, said:

Ok, I run the place so I must have a pretty exotic drink as my favourite, right?  Well, no.  I'm a Crown Royal and Coke (Pepsi) drinker.  Pretty plain, but I am an old guy.

I love the smooth taste of Crown and although I can drink it over ice, the Cola just adds the sweetness I crave.  Kinda like adding sugar to your coffee I guess.

So, how about the rest of you, what do you like?

While you're posting, make sure to ask Jason about his Prairie Fire fetish........

Just to encourage some interaction with you registered members, a random post in this thread will win a giveaway.  I won't tell you what yet, but if you like our site, then it'll be worth your while posting a line or two.  :good:

Dan

I'm  a whiskey girl so i stick to my jack and coke (diet of course) lol but on a night that i know im gonna be up till 7,8,11 am drinking i normally stick to redbull vodka to keep me going  :innocent:

KatieBug

#12 KatieBug

KatieBug

A regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:56 AM

ya and i obviously have no idea how to post something lol sorry guys I'm a mechanic and a bartender this computer thing is still a new thing for me.

#13 Cowboy

Cowboy

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

Hi Everyone

Although I've been going to the Barnone site for over a year, I finally checked out the forum today.

Favorite drink:

I call it Monkey Sweat.  2 oz McGuinness Creme de Banane over ice, topped with sprite.

Don't particularly like eating bananas but love the banana flavor.

I equally enjoy a simple Bacardi neat or sometimes on the rocks.

Cheers,
Cowboy

Edited by Cowboy, 20 August 2007 - 05:37 AM.

#14 Dan

Dan

The Webmixer

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Welcome Cowboy.

Monkey sweat....sounds interesting.  I'll have to make one up on the weekend and see how it tastes.

Cheers!

Dan

#15 pink

pink

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

hey everyone...if you havent tried it, you have got to try the recipe chocolate covered cherries on the site.  Ive made this many of times and its just a great tasting drink for anyone.  And it actually tastes like chocolate covered cherries!  Theres not much alcohol in it...its more of an after dinner or before bed drink.  I love to make one right before bed and it helps me to fall asleep.  Very yummy drink for girls like me...but I have to say my boyfriend loves it too. :angry:

#16 rotapix

rotapix

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postmysticgypsy128, on 30 December 2006 - 10:36 PM, said:

Personally, I love me some gin & tonic. I'm REAL big on the gin. It's my fav. :rolleyes:

Here I go with you...am a great fun also of Gin...
You can't take me out of this in anyway..HUH!! get a gup and go smart...

#17 mickey

mickey

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi people. I just found this place. :)

Ha yes I too am a Mojito fan. It tastes excellent and the way it makes me feel is quite special. I never found a drink that gives me that feeling. I used to love Malibu Roznas but now that I have found Mojitos I stick to them :) Quite surprisingly I've seing a lot of teenagers drinking Mojitos. It is quite surprising to me as they're not really a cheap drink and I always thought teenagers were more into beers but I guess they' ve changed. Lol. It's not a very good news to see teens in bars and I thought it was against the law to sell alcohol to underaged people :(