2 replies to this topic

#1 JD'sTavern

JD'sTavern

Acquiring a taste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

My boyfriend says a shooter is just any shot in a shot glass. I say a shooter is a shot with a splash of 7-up or other carbonated beverage in a specific shooter glass that you slam on the bar or table to make it fizz and then drink. Which of us is right?

#2 Jason

Jason

Bar None Technical Lead

• Bar None Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

View PostJD'sTavern, on Mar 9 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

My boyfriend says a shooter is just any shot in a shot glass. I say a shooter is a shot with a splash of 7-up or other carbonated beverage in a specific shooter glass that you slam on the bar or table to make it fizz and then drink. Which of us is right?

I hate to say it, but I think your boyfriend is right.  I've always called what you're talking about Slammers or Poppers (thinking of Tequila here).

Jason

#3 _Brain C_*

_Brain C_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

I hate to say it, but both of you (and the previous poster) are wrong. A shot is just that; a shot/ounce/whatever the bars pour is of one liquor in a shot glass. A shooter is any drink designed to be finished in 1 to 3 gulps. Shooters also have more than one alcohol, and for this reason are generally served in a rocks glass with no ice, no garnish and no sip stick (choke hazards).